Posted on: 10th February, 2015
The Karnataka Health Promotion Trust (KHPT) invites applications from committed development professionals for a Research Project Consortium (RPC) in collaboration with various International Agencies from different countries. The main objective of this project is to understand the structural drivers and pathways of HIV and to contribute in advancing the evaluation methods of structural interventions.
1. Manager - Research: Position - 1, Location:Bangalore
Qualification and specifications:
- Ph D/Master's degree in demography/population studies, statistics, social sciences or public health with 5-7 years of related experience
- Clear understanding of the research process acquired through both practical and academic experience.
- Demonstrated qualitative analyses skills
- Strong skills in using qualitative analysis software's, including NVIVO/ATLAS TI/ANTHROPAC
- Knowledge of Statistical Packages will be an advantage.
- Strong ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients both internal and external
. Excellent written and oral communication skills
The Research Manager is responsible for undertaking exploratory research on sexual risk behaviors and HIV. The position involves analyzing data and providing written and oral reports, and sometimes in engaging primary data collection.
- Analyze qualitative data, including making critical observations of analyses or data and identifying patterns in the data.
- Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports. .
- Design evaluations and develop survey tools and other methods to collect qualitative data.
- Analyze qualitative data from interviews, non-participant observations or focus groups.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of research projects such as reporting on the status of various research tasks and identifying ways to improve research design.
- Feed the research findings to the program and guide the program for refinement in strategies
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Develop research report and manuscript for publications
- Create and deliver professional presentations on research results.
: The Manager - Research will report to the Director - Research & Special Studies, KHPT, Bangalore or person designated by him.
The salary for the position is in the range of Rs. 43,200/- to 54,000/- per month which will be fixed based on qualification, overall experience, relevant experience, and interview performance.,
The above position demand excellent research, statistical and computer skills. Preferences will be given to candidates who know the local language and work experience in development sector.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency, suitability and in-depth subject knowledge.
KHPT provides safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women candidates / physically challenged with required skills and willing to travel can apply for the position(s).
Interested candidates please apply using the prescribed KHPT ‘Application Format’ and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by by28th Feb, 2015. Candidates can visit www.khpt.org to download the Application Format
Please note that applications which are not in the prescribed KHPT Application Format will not be considered for shortlistingand only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
Karnataka Health Promotion Trust
IT Park, # 1-4, 5th Floor, Rajajinagar Industrial Area,
Behind KSSIDC Administrative Office,
Rajajinagar, Bangalore- 560044